Sunday 27 July 2014

A weekend with my beautiful Mum





"A Weekend with my beautiful Mum"


 This weekend I went to my mums house to help her with her continuing house renovations. It was very tiring, and there was a considerable amount of white paint (mainly on my face), but our hard efforts paid off and it's really starting to take shape now.

 I'm so incredibly proud of my mum for taking on such a big project, and seeing her ideas and creativity unfold is a constant inspiration to me. 

Between slapping white paint everywhere and cleaning up dust I found multiple photo opportunities that I couldn't resist to create a blog post. So here they are, a peak into my mums beautiful home. I will post a full house tour when it is all complete. I'm sure when it's finished it will (again) be magazine worthy! (Her previous house was featured in 25 Beautiful Homes Magazine :)).



Her beautiful lemon tree has so much new growth, we tried some a few months back and it was the best lemon i've ever had.







A small section in her kitchen, she's been collecting stuff for so long and now has these beautiful handmade shelves to display them all. My lovely mum in the photo taken by my Dad when they first met <3




- Lovely Copper Pans -



She painted this old built in cupboard and has started to bring together all her vintage china, this is heaven to me, I imagine having our own tearoom to use them all :) 
The tea set above is so beautiful it deserved its own photo!






"Love"



- Old vintage keys -




Gorgeous dried lavender rescued from my Dad's garden. We found the sign at the York Racecourse Car Boot. Can't wait to go there again next weekend and rummage around!



Garden Decoration



The colours are just lovely in the sunshine. The garden is nowhere near finished but it still looks effortlessly gorgeous.




"Peach flower cluster"






This morning I woke up and made us all pancakes with fresh nectarines and (lots) of golden syrup. I love the contrasting colours of the fruit and mums vintage Limoges plates.

--------------------------------------



So for all my hard work and help this weekend, my mum rewarded me with all these pretties that she didn't really have a home for anymore. I have a couple of up cycling ideas for some of these pieces which will most likely feature in another post :). How cute is that teapot though?! 

Thanks for reading <3 xXx











2 comments:

Sharon said...

How lovely. I enjoy making teacup candles and cake stands so theres a couple of ideas! Your Mums place looks heavenly.

Lucy Seddon said...

Ah thank you so much Sharon I have always fancied having a go at teacup candles so may give it a go thanks!! Do you have a blog or Instagram with your creations on? Xx