Thursday 24 April 2014

Spring Chic Revisited

"Revisited"


Since my last pastel inspired post, I have found the paint brush in my hand again countless times. Especially over the Easter weekend, I kept finding new things to paint and my creative mind was in overdrive.

We bought 2 of the famous RAST drawers from IKEA a few years ago, (check them out on google or Pinterest, people redesign them and there are so many different variations!) I wanted to repaint mine as they were looking very sad :(. My first idea was to paint the individual doorknobs different pastel colours (yep the obsession continues..). Here is a picture of them all painted they literally look edible! 



Below is one of the RAST drawers completed, I painted the whole thing in Farrow and Ball 'Charleston Grey' (taking advantage of the Homebase 15% easter weekend discount). They are exactly what I had in mind and I love them!



An overview of the 2 cupboards in place. I bought the two bases of the lamps at a car boot sale for £1.50 each, found the lampshades in B&Q for around £4 each and decorated them with the pom-pom trim which was £1.10 a metre.
 I think that's what they call a bargain!
:)



:)


"Pretty Easter Bouquet" 


I couldn't be more in love with this Cath Kidston bedding if I tried, it is so bright and happy and adds a great focal point to the room.


"Kitchen Loveliness"


I would personally much rather eat a delicious piece of cake from a lovely vintage plate like these than a mass produced boring white plate! I bagged these at a carboot sale for a total of 50p...yes thats right..for all 6!! 

Hurrah!!

....and now for the food....


"My name is Lucy and I love cake" 

Lemon and raspberry loaf cake (and a cheeky cupcake shown below = chef benefits!)




I was snacking on these marshmallows while writing my last blog post and they just looked so pretty on my less than 10p plate I couldn't help but photograph them.


The photo below was taken on Good Friday, celebrating the brand new shiny car that is going to take pride of place in my life! 


And may I say Colin you were extra yummy this year! 


Cheeky little easter nests I made before easter <3 


My last picture today is of some of my favourite kitchen items, I will always love my Cath Kidston crockery and the popcorn pot was £4.99 from tkmaxx :) 


Thanks for reading lovely! <3 

xXx


xXx

No comments: